Wednesday, December 20, 2017

      
By: Sarah Crown

Two years ago, when I was 9 years old. I saw a video online of a girl making lip balm. I thought it was so cool so I showed my parents. The girls recipe went something like this...

  • Vaseline
  • Essential oils
  • Food dye

My mom thought the recipe was a little off but we did it anyway. It turned out okay, but I knew we could do better.  
We researched how to make lip balm, and with the help of my dad we had our own recipe in no time.
First, we experimented… We ordered flat, round, plastic containers online and started working. We bought a big cube of beeswax from Michaels and grated it into a bowl. Then, we melted the beeswax and mixed in honey while it cooked. We also added in our secret ingredients. When it finished my mom poured in the hot mixture into the small containers. Then we put them in the fridge to harden. We tried three more times until we got it just right. Next, we tried it, and it was amazing! My dad set up a website: sarahsbeezy.com
We’re still working on more products, but we plan on making more bath items such as:
Beard balm, (a gel to put into a beard to make soft. My dad's idea) detangler, soap, and deodorant. My parents also ordered cylinder shaped containers instead of the flat ones to put the lip balm in. They were clear and had a little space near the bottom of the tube that we filled with lip balm. Most lip balm companies do not have that space filled. Which makes our containers have more product than other businesses.  I helped make a logo on my dad's computer, so he called a company who helped us make the labels. We bought a huge roll of the labels and put them on our containers.
After two years of hard work we are finally done. Besides the website we are ready to roll, and I hope you spare a few minutes to buy some
Beezy.

2 comments:

  1. This is so cool Sarah!!! What an accomplishment!! I can't wait to see the other products you plan to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for teaching us how to make lip gloss expect the secret ingreadient

    ReplyDelete