Monday, October 21, 2019

Ten Words You have To Know Before Going To   
Hawaii -By:Mallory

        Word                      Meaning In a Sentence
Aloha
Hello,Goodbye
Aloha, how are you today?
Mahalo
Thank You 
Mahalo for helping me.
Keiki
Child, Children
My keiki’s name is Hannah.
Ohana
Family
My Ohana is Hawaiian.
E koma Mei
Welcome
E Koma Mei to our home.
Hale
House/Home
My hale is cold at night.
Wahine
Female/Girl
I am a wahine.
Kane
Male/Boy
My dad is a kane.
Honu
Hawaiian Sea
Turtle
My favorite animal is
 a Honu.
A Hui Hou
Until The Next Time We  Until Next Time We
                                        We E Meet
Aloha, A Hui Hou.

Now that you know these different words, you are ready
and prepared to go to Hawaii! When I went to Hawaii, I
had no idea what to say because I couldn’t translate my
language into their Hawaiian language. So my family and
I went to a luau and they actually taught us their
language. After the luau, I knew how to speak only some
of their language. With that, I was able to speak to
different people in Hawaii. So, next time you are in
Hawaii, you can communicate with the people there,
such as waiters at restaurants, travel guides, or even the
flight attendants.


No comments:

Post a Comment